- Sweet Jane Having signed to acclaimed Irish indie label Reekus Sweet Jane released their debut album, ‘Sugar For My Soul’ to superb reviews in 2010. The following year they toured America and Asia taking in major festivals such as SXSW in Texas, and Music Matters in Singapore, while the many festival appearances at home included Oxegen and Electric Picnic . Other… Read More
- Keith Moss A recent addition to the Reekus roster, Keith Moss has been garnering plaudits for his music since being awarded the accolade ‘Young Songwriter of the Year’ by IMRO on his debut. Starting out as a solo performer, Keith has gone on to play with a number of bands through the years, on guitar, bass and backing vocals, performing in a wide variety of… Read More
- The Blades The Blades were formed in the punk era of 1977, in the south Dublin neighbourhood of Ringsend. With Paul Cleary on bass, his older brother Lar on guitar and Pat Larkin on drums, they made their name with a series of raucous gigs at the nearby Magnet bar. A short-lived singles deal with the Energy label followed before Larkin and then Lar departed, allowing Cleary… Read More
- Deetrich Deetrich writes melodic songs that draw from old rock and roll and country but adds a pop sensibility.Dee Doyle a.k.a. ‘Deetrich’, former lead singer and songwriter of Kilkenny band Dali has spread her wings and embarked on a promising solo career since signing to Reekus Records. Her debut album ‘Tug of War’ was released amid glowing reviews… Read More
- Too Late To Stop Now At last the compilation we’ve been threatening for some time now; 40 tracks from the beginning to the present and future. From the beginnings in the Kampus Arcadia Cork with the live recordings of Nun Attax, Micro Disney, Mean Features and Urban Blitz, through the early years with The Blades, Aslan, Big Self and others and through the noughties with The Radio,… Read More
- The Radio Kindness the debut album from Ireland’s new indie supergroup The Radio. “Kindness displays the heartfelt perfection and sonic wizardry of the Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev. Extraordinarily impressive and engaging -the most accomplished, alchemic, and original debut in years” 9/10 Hot Press. Digital download available here - Bandcamp.comView video… Read More
- Saville Dublin band Saville are musical time travellers extraordinaire, blending all the best bits of pop into one completely original package. All four members are passionate about music, and the band is known for their innate ability to traverse a wide range of styles and genres with apparent ease. Not only can they turn their collective hands to Burt Bacharach inspired… Read More
- Saccade Saccade are a Dublin-based explosion of power-infused rock riffs coupled with catchy pop sensibility. Steve (vocals/guitar), Jay (lead guitar), and Ed (drums/piano) and Neil (Bass) prove that when four independently talented musicians cross paths, the result can be mind blowing. Their infectious choruses are laden with hooks that will have even the least likely… Read More
- Paul Cleary Paul Cleary was singer, guitarist and songwriter with The Blades, and is considered one of Ireland’s most important songwriters, topping all the Irish polls as best singer/songwriter in the early eighties, and three of his songs, recorded with The Blades, ‘Ghost of a Chance’, ‘Downmarket,’ and ‘The Bride Wore White’ all… Read More
13 May 2013
Sweet Jane UK Tour (With The Besnard Lakes)
Sweet Jane’s seven date UK tour supporting The Besnard Lakes kicks off in Bristol at The Fleece on 22nd May!
09 April 2013
Michael Caine Now Available Worldwide
“Michael Caine”, the debut single from Electro Sensitive Behaviour Feat. Perry Blake is now available through iTunes worldwide!
04 April 2013
Reekus Records Presents: 5 Live in Kilkenny and Dublin
28 March 2013
Brand New Keith Moss Video - Torture In Paradise
Check out the superb new video for “Torture In Paradise” by Keith Moss. It’s the lead single from Keith’s forthcoming album “What…
25 March 2013
Sweet Play NYC Tonight!
To all our friends in New York,Make sure you head down to Pianos tonight to catch Sweet Jane. They’re on at 10pm (NYC time) should be a great night!http://www.pianosnyc.com/
21 March 2013
Sweet Jane Live CMW Video Chat Today
Ahead of their midnight gig at The Hideout, Toronto,Sweet Jane will be taking part in a live CMW video chat today (21st March) The session is between 4-5pm…
13 March 2013
Stream Michael Caine by ESB Feat. Perry Blake
Ahead of it’s release on the 5th April we are streaming Michael Caine by Electro Sensitive Behaviour Feat. Perry Blake on SoundCloud. Check it out…
07 March 2013
Sweet Jane Are Coming To London For Paddy’s Weekend
Sweet Jane will be making a trip to London for two gigs over St. Patrick’s Weekend. First up they play The Windmill, Brixton on Saturday 16th March…
22 February 2013
Sweet Jane are preparing to play Canadian Music Week March 21st! Fun times ahead…
06 February 2013
Death in the Sickroom booked to play Retro Revival in Sweeneys this Sat the 9th of Feb!
Death in the Sickroom will play Retro Revival in Sweeneys this Sat the 9th of Feb. The guys are playing alongside Time the Revelolator and Northern Dronesas…
Welcome to Reekus Records
Reekus is a record label and publishing company based in Dublin, Ireland, devoted to promoting mainly Irish, alternative music. With a roster that includes psych-rockers Sweet Jane, and pop-rockers Saccade, over the years Reekus has released albums by leading Irish artists including The Blades, Saville, David Hopkins, Perry Blake, Paul Cleary, Myp et Jeep, Sundrive, Mocrac, Reemo, The Moondogs, Carosel, Metisse, Big Self and performance artist Nigel Rolfe, as well launching the careers of Micro Disney, Aslan and others.
2003 saw a movement into print with the publication of the highly acclaimed book ‘It Makes You Want To Spit – the definitive guide to punk in Ulster’, a comprehensive account of the punk music scene in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.
Our store contains a wide selection of cd releases now available to purchase.
Digital downloads are available at the bandcamp website
View videos on - Youtube
Cry Before Dawn Live at Westport Festival
CBD will be playing the Westport Festival Of Music And Food. The festival takes place at Westport House, Co. Mayo between 29th - 30th June.
Sweet Jane The Garage London
Sweet Jane play London on Tuesday 28th May, final date of UK tour supporting Besnard Lakes. Venue: The Garage.Tickets £14. Doors 7pm.
Sweet Jane Komedia Brighton
Sweet Jane play Brighton on Monday 27th May supporting The Besnard Lakes. Venue: Komedia. Tickets £10. Doors 7.30pm
Sweet Jane The Hare & Hound Birmingham
Sweet Jane play Birmingham on Sunday 26th May supporting The Besnard Lakes. Venue: The Hare & Hound. Tickets £13. Doors 7.30pm
Sweet Jane Brudenell Social Club Leeds
Sweet Jane play Leeds on Saturday 25th May supporting The Besnard Lakes. Venue: Brunedell Social Club. Tickets £9, doors 7.30pm
Sweet Jane Stereo Glasgow
Scottish date of the UK tour supporting The Besnard Lakes Friday 24th May. Venue: Stereo Glasgow. Tickets £10. Doors 7pm.
Sweet Jane The Ruby Lounge Manchester
Sweet Jane play The Ruby Lounge, Manchester supporting The Besnard Lakes on Thursday 23rd May. Tickets £9, Doors 7.30pm
Sweet Jane The Fleece, Bristol
First date of the UK tour supporting The Besnard Lakes Tuesday 22nd May. Venue: The Fleece, Bristol. Tickets £10, doors 7.30pm.
Cry Before Dawn Live in Spiddal
CBD will play the Park Lodge Hotel, Spiddal Co.Galway on Friday 19th April. Tickets are €20 and can be booked by calling 085 2499891 Doors are at 7.30pm
Sweet Jane Play London On Paddy’s Day
Sweet Jane will be playing in London on Paddy's Day (17th March). The gig takes place in The JAMM, Brixton. They will be sharing the bill with the legendary Congo Natty (Rebel MC) and Larry Love (Alabama 3) & The Ghostfighters. It's free in and doors are at 5pm.
Death in the Sickroom play the New Music night in Whelans on Tuesday next, the 26th. 5er in!
Death in the Sickroom play the New Music night in Whelans on Tuesday next.
Catch Death in the Sickroom this Sat the 9th of Feb live in Sweeneys! Music from 9pm. 5er in
Catch Death in the Sickroom this Sat the 9th of Feb live in Sweeneys! Music from 9pm. 5er in. They will play as part of the monthly Retro Revival Gig.
Sweet Jane booked to play at The Hideout in Toronto on the 21st of March. On stage at 12pm!
Sweet Jane booked to play at The Hideout in Toronto on the 21st of March! The lads will be representing Ireland alongside some other great homegrown acts this coming March as part of Canadian Music Week.
Keith Moss will play support to Mumblin’ Deaf Ro in Anseo on the 28th of March.
Keith Moss will play support to Mumblin' Deaf Ro in Anseo on the 28th of March. Also on the bill is singer-songwriter Owensie. Should be a great gig!
Death in a Sickroom booked to play Retro Revival on the 9th of Feb!
Death in a Sickroom will be playing a set in Sweeneys on Dame Street as part of Retro Revival. Doors open at 9pm. Free in!